Thursday, December 23, 2010

That girl's parents

Some people ask about my story, but I get tired of telling it. So, this is it, this is all I am going to say, ever. You will get it. I could tell this story with details for days but I really am tired of it. My world is changing daily, so, this story is becoming less a part of me each day.

It all started in the Golden State of California my mom lived in Tehama County (out in the sticks) and dad lived somewhere else in California.
Mom lived at her moms house, with 2 of her oldest kids. I dont know too much about my dads Pre-mom history since um, lets just say I think he is a liar. He always went on about how he was in the military (Air Force) and you'd think a guy would keep records and mementos from that but there was nothing. so, I figure his military claim could be BS.

Mom- she was the kind of woman who went on dates with guys she was ashamed to bring home to her mom. She was only trying to find a guy who would treat her right and would respect her but the guys she ran into were guys that had terrible histories of alcoholism, child molestation and drug abuse. Yup, one of the guys she dragged in before meeting my dad was registered as an offender. I guess he convinced her he was wrongly accused, anyway, that guy is my brothers dad. They are all wrongly accused right? So we have established that moms judgment was um, unreliable. Eventually she came upon my father. She thought he was the best guy of all. Had a job, had a truck, military background, and he brought her paper roses from gas stations. She took him home to meet her mom.


I think Dad lived at his moms' house with his brother and sisters. His mom was an alcholic she drank a lot. She would be physically abusive and neglect to take him to the hospital when he needed to go. Because of that, he now he walks around with one ear he cannot hear out of and a dent in his face from a tumor he had to have surgically removed. Dad was someone you would not want to talk to. He had a tendency to go around hitting people and bullying people at school. He does not have a nice word for anyone, he goes around critizing everyone and calling people terrible names. Also he is really greedy.

Moms friends introduced dad to her so I guess she thought he must be ok. They dated for awhile and eventually they got married they settled down for awhile and got to know each other more. Then mom told dad that she was pregnant with my sister Krystal so they had Krystal and settled for awhile then they gave birth to me, Erin.
Dad got a call for a job in Tennessee so mom packed up their stuff and then they moved into a trailer park. Dad told mom he had bought one particular trailer, but he told the story that the paperwork got switched up and someone swindled him out of the trailer he originally bought and they ended up having to stay in the small trailer that had been meant to be temporary.
Dad started the job and started going to work at a place called Petro. His job required him to work on cars and to repair cars for customers. Then when he came into work one day they fired him so he came home and told mom he had lost his job. I dont know the exact reason he got fired, he makes everything look like someone elses fault. He said they didnt agree with his ideas so they wanted to fire him. It sounded like a really stupid story.
Then dad and mom, me and my sister had to settle in the trailer for awhile, he always said we would find something better to live in. I guess mom and dad decided to have two boys their names are Donnie and Jesse.

The meanness started pretty much when dad moved us into the trailer park in the middle of nowhere. Dad would come out of the middle of his room and yell at me and my siblings, causing at us and if we didn't do things the way he want us to do it he would get mad at us and go get his belt. The belt was very thick and he would use the belt on us quite often, everyday he would yell at us and call us stupid among other things.

Dad would never let me go to church and every time I spoke about it he would spank me and slap me in the face and he would tell me to go to my room. He would do this to my brothers and sisters too for different reasons. I always got it worse because I was "different" - my mom and dad are autistic, so were my siblings. And because he knew I would fight back and he knew that I would not let him get away with being mean, I always had to say something to make things worse.
Even when he had a good job, he barely provided food for us and even when he did it was not much. Most of the stuff in the refrigerator was his, we didn't have very much we were allowed to eat. We had to wear the same clothes every new school year we rarely got any new clothes and when we did they were from the goodwill. He always found money to buy guns and computers that he didnt know how to use though.

Mom really didnt notice anything that was going on. She tuned out a lot, most of the time she was cleaning something. She spent a lot of time zoned out. I guess she thought cleaning was all she had to do to be a good mom. At least he was not a pervert. I'm thankful for that, if nothing else. I was never sexually abused, I guess I should make that clear. He was a jerk but I guess he wasnt interested in children, in that way.

Aside from being terribly annoying, I guess the biggest problem I have with all this is that my social skills stink now. They didnt allow me to talk to people outside of the trailer, everytime I did I'd get in big trouble because CPS would always come out. I didnt talk to people at school, most of the kids were mean anyway. I didnt know my parents were autistic, I thought there was something wrong with me since they were all the same and I was different. They tried to raise me to act like them and it just never worked out completely, I was always... different.

Present time: I have moved to California with the help of my sister, just got baptised recently on December 11, 2010 and my life has changed from living a life of sadness to a life of happiness. I'm learning what it is to have a normal life although it not easy- who ever said life was easy anyway? Hopefully things will find their place. I'll just have to see what the future holds. I will try to share with you what I learn about "typical people". The things you take for granted are the things I think are great and worth appreciating.
Stuff like:

Going to the fridge to get a drink and actually having good juice in there.
Sleeping in a REAL bed, not just a cheap junky bed, but a GOOD bed that is comfy.
Asking if I can go to the store with someone and having them say, "yes get your shoes".

I'm feeling spoiled.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment